Thread: Final approach

Brian Grant

Default Final approach

Nice to meet some of the folks from BPN this morning in Punta Gorda. Here is a quick process of one of the flight shots I got after the buzzard chase.

Nikon D300, 70-300mm VR, 1/800 f7.1 Minor levels and curves work in Capture NX2 with slight sharpening.

Last edited by Brian Grant; 02-26-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Picture got inserted in text leaving an orphan word.

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Nice landing pose captured, Brian. You may be able to recover some more detail in the dark areas. I like the inclusion of the tree (?Casuarina - didn't know this had made it as far as the USA form Auz) but would eliminate the orphan needles top right.
    Tony Whitehead
    Visit my blog at WildLight Photography for latest news and images.

Alfred Forns

Hi Brian Nice meeting you this morning !! Sure was fun with that bird !!

I like the landing pose and showing the good looking perch, the sun gave us all sorts of trouble since the wind was off sun angle. Difficult lighting up those wings !!! As presented might give a little more room to the bottom of the branch to include totally !!! Will be up there again take good care of those birds !!!

Brian Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Whitehead View Post
    Nice landing pose captured, Brian. You may be able to recover some more detail in the dark areas. I like the inclusion of the tree (?Casuarina - didn't know this had made it as far as the USA form Auz) but would eliminate the orphan needles top right.
    It's possible that this pine is an import but, large parts of Florida are pine flatwoods. They tend to long tall trunks with feathery tops. Lots of spots for eagles to land.

This particular area of Florida had a long standing history of turpentine production and it is possible that many of our trees were imported for better production.