Thread: American Anole

Jim Caldwell

Default American Anole

Attached Images Attached Images

I've been trying to capture a tree frog or anole partially silhouetted by a leaf and a few weeks ago I manged to capture this image. This is another example that demonstrates you don't have to have a dedicated macro lens to shoot macro! I shot this with a Canon 100-400mm with a Kenko extension tube (36mm total extension). The toughest part is slowly moving in on the subject without scaring him off!! I'm tempted to crop a bit more on the right - let me know what you think.

Canon 1d MK II n, 100-400mm Canon lens with 36mm extension tube, f/7.1 @ 1/320 sec aperature priority, ISO 500 - handheld.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jim,

I love working with all sorts of lenses for macro and i think you did very well for this lovely photograph. The "lines" in the BG are a tiny bit distracting and i think cloning them out would really improve the quality of this fine image.
    There's also some noise visible in the image, but nothing a good noise reduction program could not handle.

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel

Alfred Forns

I like the crop Jim The pose is excellent with a good eye contact Suggested enhancements will make a different !!!

Glenn Heinecke

Agree with nits already mentioned and I feel these are minor. I wouldn't crop any off the right, but I would like to see a little more room to the left. Maybe you could add some canvas?

Glenn