Thread: adult coopers hawk perched

Peter Coskun

Default adult coopers hawk perched

A few things i did while processing this image. First thing was cropped, this is about a 40% crop. Blurred some out of focus branches from the background and cleaned up some of that busy perch. I also bumped up the saturation in the eye from a orange color (due to lighting)to the bright red color that this bird actually had. Anyways, let me know what you think.

canon rebel xt
    canon 400mm F5.6L at F5.6 hand held
    1/1250th of a sec
    iso: 400

Manjesh Lingamurthy

Hi Peter

Excellent image. Chest feathers appear to be a little hot. Crop for vertical composition and see what difference it can make.

Manjesh

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good job getting close to this hawk -- I agree with a vertical crop. I also see a fine white line around this hawk -- especially on the back from the tail to the head. Not sure what caused that

Eric Diller

Awesome Raptor! The color these guys have in the eye's is unbelievable.

I personally would have cropped out the right side a tad more and maybe reduced the white in the tree limbs.

Fantastic capture!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

ditto on the halo - probably due to BG blurring. lovely colours here!
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super pose, sharp, and I like the complimentary colours in the BG. I find the perch a bit busy.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent job on the eye. Other points of improvenent mentioned already. I like the HA and the lighting.

Peter Coskun

Thanks for the feedback, i will take these things into consideration as for the vertical crop ill have to see on that. The halo around the bird is most likely due to blurring, i tried to feather the selection to not cause too much of a halo but i will have to go back and fix that.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A very nice capture, Peter. There are some good comments above, though I think I prefer the crop, as presented, with the bird looking out of the frame. I would be tempted to remove the one branch sticking up behind the bird. :)

Peter Coskun

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Maxson View Post
    A very nice capture, Peter. There are some good comments above, though I think I prefer the crop, as presented, with the bird looking out of the frame. I would be tempted to remove the one branch sticking up behind the bird. :)

I also thought about taking out that branch as well as the others protruding away from the bird. Both crops would work but i will play around with a vertical crop

Peter Coskun

Here is a vertical crop of the photo, did some more cleaning up to get that halo out of there and removed a couple more branches that were distracting