Thread: Everglades Green Heron

Forum Participant Joe Senzatimore's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Everglades Green Heron

Attached Images Attached Images

One of the few decent images I was able to get at Shark Valley. Not many birds and what was there didn't give up too many opportunities. This Green Heron just wanted to cross the path so was able to get a few using the grass as a BG. I see a small sharpening halo around part of the head and am wondering if that is from jpeg comp.????
    ISO 400 f5.6 at 1/1250th

Judy Lynn Malloch

Love this one Joe. Beautiful lighting and the pose puts it over the top for me. Wonderful detail and BG too . Fine work !!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the pose and the look he's giving you, Joe. Almost a comic nature to it. You made good use of this opportunity!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Joe. Great pose, HA and comp. Beautiful BG colors. There seems to be something a bit funky about the BG toward the bottom. Did you run a blur on it? In any event, very nice image.

Axel Hildebrandt

I haven't seen many of these birds hiking. :) Pose and head angle look very good. I don't see a halo except at the back of the head, in fact I would sharpen the head and bill some more and maybe a bit more room at the bottom?

Forum Participant Joe Senzatimore's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dix View Post
    Hi Joe. Great pose, HA and comp. Beautiful BG colors. There seems to be something a bit funky about the BG toward the bottom. Did you run a blur on it? In any event, very nice image.
    Hi Bill,
    Didn't do anything to the BG. As a matter of fact all I did to the image was a slight crop for comp. a little saturation bump and some sharpening for the web. That's about it. Don't have a clue as to why you see what you do:). Strange.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good low angle Joe, and I like angled pose. BG looks good, and I agree the beak is just falling out of the DOF range.