Thread: Welcome to the PNW Forum

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Welcome to the PNW Forum

Hi All,

This might be a good place to talk about good locations for photography and events throughout the PNW.

I hope you are all ready for the spring migration of birds as they head north along the coast. We get an amazing number of shore birds and raptors that use the coast as their migratory fly way.

-Susan

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

One of my favorite places in the late Winter early Spring in the Kenmore Rookery. There are between 30 to 40 pair of Great Blue Herons performing from dawn til dusk.

It is located at the Kenmore Park and Ride, very close to the Police Station, Fire Department and Library.

Google Heron Cam and you can view activity daily.

Weekends are the best time as no one is there parking, so you have the place to yourself.

Enjoy, and maybe I'll see a pnw bpn tog there. :)

BigBob...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sounds wonderful--Bob! I'll have to check it out.
    As for me, I am stuck over across the pond from you. I seem to do pretty well right in my local area.
    Arness Park in Kingston is where I have been getting the close-in Goldeneyes. Poulsbo Marina too---although I went there yesterday and not much was there.
    Another favorite of mine is Oak Bay park which is north of Port Ludlow---the brants and pintails are there--a beautiful place.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

HI All,

Bob, I will have to wander over to the Kenmore Rookery ths spring. I am not far from there :) I have been wandering around the Montlake fill over near the University of Washington have have just been enjoying watching the buffleheads swimming around. They may be common, but they are pretty :D

This weekend we were thinking heading up to the skagit river to see if there are any bald eagles hanging around. This winter was a pretty small salmon run up there and only 250 eagles were counted the last I had heard.

-Susan

BPN Viewer
    Thank You Posts

Skagit flats have been great this year. I have gotten much closer to the trumpeter swans than in the past years.( but still pretty far ven with the 500 and 1.4)
    We saw a fabulous snow geese blastoff on Sunday. My favorite spot has been on Dry Slough rd. on Fir Island just west of La Conner. I will post a few when I can spend some time working on them.
    Shawn