Thread: Shy Great Horned Owl

David Ornstein

Default Shy Great Horned Owl

Attached Images Attached Images

1D mk iii, 600mmL IS + 1.4X TC, ISO 500. f/9 @ 1/100, EV -0.67

Great horned owl with chick (in nest, very well hidden, just about ready to fledge), Mom never gave me a clear shot at her. Shot near Coe Visitors Ctr., Everglades NP, mostly cloudy, yesterday late afternoon.

LeeOtsubo

I love the colors on this owl. I would think, with all the talent on this site, someone should be able to show you how to get rid of that OOF branch in front. While you're at it, you might clone out the two leaves at the top of momma's head. They're distracting.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi david,

Beautiful bird. I love GHOs. The busy bg and fg are a bit distracting, but it looks like your choices were limited and you made the best of it.
    Jim Neiger - Kissimmee, Florida

Get the Book: Flight Plan - How to Photograph Birds in Flight
    Please visit my website: www.flightschoolphotography.com 3 spots remaining for Alaska bald eagles workshop.

Robert Amoruso

I agree. Given the cover you did the best you could. Too bad about the OOF branch right in the front. Nice details in the bird and dappled light exposure handled well.

IOTY Winner 2008 Chris van Rooyen's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good image in difficult exposure situation, pity about the branch but sometimes you just have to live with it.