Thread: Incoming Spoonbill.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Incoming Spoonbill.

Attached Images Attached Images

I've been working on some images that I took last winter in Florida...there is a whole bunch of images that I had never got around to processing before spring migration eventually grabbed my attention. This was taken aboard captain Shadle's Hooptie Deux. The birds are so accessible (James is an expert at getting you in great position) and the opportunities so numerous that I was able to come back home with tons of good stuff with a mere 400mm lens.

Canon 40D + 100-400L @400mm, evaluative metering, manual exposure (+2/3 stops, metered off the late sky - if I remember correctly), 1/1000s., f/7.1, ISO 640, natural light (late afternoon), handheld. Slight crop for comp (about 80% full-frame)

Axel Hildebrandt

Cool pose, good sharpness, light and eye contact. I might desaturate the reds a few points and tone down the highlights on the neck. I bet it is a jpg conversion thing.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Daniel,

I like that the very tips of the wings show some motion blur. The reds do look a little intense on my monitor as well but it may just have to do with the color of the late afternoon light. This is a great pose and, of course, your technicals are excellent.

Dan

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent pose and colors, love the open wings, colors and flight angle. is this a big crop? seems to be lacking fine detail. TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful flight shot Daniel, I bet you wish the water was a bit more calm., but we take what we get... like the details, and colours.

Peter Coskun

Love the colors in this...the angle is fantastic and the lighting is perfect. I would really like to see one of these someday

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent pose and sharpness, Daniel. Beautiful light and the bird stands out nicely from the background. Well done.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice to see your picture in your new Avathar :cool:, Loved this Bhai, great pose, super details and the BG really brings out the bird well...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arash_hazeghi View Post
    Excellent pose and colors, love the open wings, colors and flight angle. is this a big crop? seems to be lacking fine detail. TFS
    Hey thanks Arash! This is about 80% full-frame, as stated in my exif (I always indicate crop% in my info...). Detail looks good from here, but perhaps there is a bit of motion blur in the wings that contribute to your concern.

Dick Ginkowski

That definitely wasn't taken on the Rideau, eh? Nice action image.