Thread: Two Big Toms

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Two Big Toms

Hopefully this image is a bit better than my last one. I created this image yesterday morning. There were actually 5 big toms displaying with many hens milling about I would have like to have

Canon EOS 40D and Sigma 50-500mm at 266mm. Handheld with fill flash. 1/125 sec. f 6.3 ISO, Equiv.: 640
    Full frame image.

I would have preferred to have had both birds looking at me but they began turning to the left again right after this photo. I also missed the sharp focus on the head. The background is also busy. Perhaps I need to clone out some of the smaller branches.

Last edited by Stephen Stephen; 02-07-2010 at 10:38 PM.

Axel Hildebrandt

I like the soft light and nice to have two in the frame. I might give it a bit more room and find the chunks of wood in the BG a bit distracting.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Axel. I had zoomed out to 266mm but stopped there because other birds (or at least protions of th em would have been visible had I backed oof further.

I agree about the downed logs. The property owners have left cut logs where they lay throughout the property. Presumably to leave some perches for the turkeys. Perhaps I'll try and clone out a couple of logs and some smaller branches.