Thread: Wise old Owl

Robert Pratt

Wise old Owl

Attached Images Attached Images

My first outing with Canon 40D Photo was taken at Duncan Wildlife Centre Vancouver Island
    Av 5.6 1/30 ISO 100 hand held. I think that it's called a long eared owl but i'm not sure as im faily new to this please critique so i can get better shots.

Robert.

Jeff Nadler

Hi Robert,

Fell free to post a larger image so it is easier to critique. The eye in shadow is probably the main thing to improve her, at catpure with fill, or in processing withe shadow/highlights, curves, etc.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome, Robert
    It would be easier to critique the image if it were larger. Guidelines state that your image can be up to 800 pix on the longest side and up to 150kb. The eye area does seem dark. I would also crop a little on the left to get the eye out of the center of the image. It sounds like you have a nice place to photograph birds which will give you more practice and knowledge of the different species.
    Last edited by Lana Hays; 02-22-2008 at 10:10 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Robert,

Looks like Jeff and Lana have covered everything and I agree with their comments.
    Jim Neiger - Kissimmee, Florida

Get the Book: Flight Plan - How to Photograph Birds in Flight
    Please visit my website: www.flightschoolphotography.com 3 spots remaining for Alaska bald eagles workshop.