Thread: **** Dog Woke Me Up

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Darn Dog Woke Me Up

Attached Images Attached Images

I was enjoying the late afternoon sun in my snugly tree cavity as I always do when I'm sort of like a cat...sort of asleep but always with one eye ever so slightly cracked open so I can stay on top of things...even though I'm pretty much sleeping.

The man with the big looking glass tube was across the street, keeping me company as he does once in a while. He never bothers me and I find him comical......he talks to me softly and once in a while whistles a tune that sounds like a really sick owl. I wonder what it is he's trying to talk to me about? Anyway, he looks rather strange with the fake plant stuff glued to his looking glass tube.

I was so comfortable and now I hear the neighborhood kids coming and they have their **** dog with them. I really don't like dogs. Something inside me just doesn't trust them!

Nikon D300s, 500VR, ISO 400, f8, 1/80, CW metering at -.3EV, NearUniWB, Flash With no BB at -2.3
    Last edited by Jim Fenton; 02-05-2010 at 09:13 AM.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gorgeous. Wonderful feather texture. Great head angle (much more interesting than face-on).

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jim:

Hard to tell, which is better, story or image. I like them both a lot. It amazing how different they look when they perk up a bit. I like the framing effect of the trees, raised ear tuffs, the rather aggravated expression. Wish the light had been more from your back.

Might be tempted to do the very slightest lightening of the left eye.

Very nice.

Randy

Forum Participant Joe Senzatimore's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the story and the image. Great setting for this wonderful subject.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jim this is way cool!! I agree about being more interesting than head on, plus the story! Well done!

Ofer Levy

Stunning image in all counts! Light, colours, detail, sharpness, DOF, composition - simply superb! Not having the bird looking at you is actually a benefit in here as you can clearly see it looks at something.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It was looking at the dog that came by and was wishing it wasn't a pug, but rather a Chiwowa so it could both get red of the thing that bothered it and also have an easy meal for the evening :)

Judy Lynn Malloch

Love this one Jim and the caption is priceless . Agree with all of the above comments and your timing could not have been better.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Interesting colour on the owl Jim, and love the perked up ear tuffs. Your description brought a smile to my face.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very funny caption Jim! and yes, that's what the bird seems to be thinking. Lovely colors on this owl and good thing that you could get the open eyes.

Aiden Blake

Wow, awesome shot! The light here is perfect, IMO.

I'm with you on the dogs. I hate it when dogs are around because birds are always on edge and don't behave normally.