Thread: Who Will Get the Prize!

Danny J Brown

Default Who Will Get the Prize!

Attached Images Attached Images

Another image from my recent American white pelican vs big carp adventures on the Mississippi River.

Canon EOS40D; Canon 500/4; 1/2000; f6.3; ISO 200; EC -1/3; Gitzo GT3530LS w/Wimberley II

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the open bill scrap going on here, nice action, well depicted with exp spot on, well done Danny. Only minor nit is the upper clipped wing.
    Congrats on your recent 1000 post, I think we both achieved that milestone yesterday?;)
    TFS

Danny J Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Molloy View Post
    Love the open bill scrap going on here, nice action, well depicted with exp spot on, well done Danny. Only minor nit is the upper clipped wing.
    Congrats on your recent 1000 post, I think we both achieved that milestone yesterday?;)
    TFS
    Hey Marc - I lost track of my posts! I made a big deal out of 500 and buzzed right by 1000. Congrats to you also. Regarding the pelican scrap, I actually had a lot of canvas left above that wing but I tightened the crop in on the action. I probably should have cropped some more off the top so it didn't look like I just missed it. Take care.

Ofer Levy

I love this!! So much is going on in gorgeous light and fantastic exposure control! Would crop a bit off the top to get a more standard 2:3 horizontal.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Loved the action frozen bhai, nice light, good DOF and the water splash adds well here..

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Danny"

Great action, exposure, water flying. I agree about 'cutting' and not clipping the upper wing, but only a fraction more. The only thing missing is a carp flying through the air! Reminds me of a rugby scrum.

Cheers

Randy

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

For a busy image, this one works fine for me.

Exposure and detail are excellent and the interaction captured makes it.

Don't mind the clipped extended wing at all.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great image, Danny! Love the action--and exposure and detail are very good. Only thing better is if the fish were in there too! :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very cool action, Danny, and good DOF and sharpness. Regarding the wing - I think my preference would be to include the entire wing, if you have it, otherwise to crop a bit more as suggested above. Well done.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice shot Danny. I agree with cropping just a tiny bit off the top, not much. I am seeing a few small areas of sharpening halos. Terrific image.