Thread: Red Warbler #2

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red Warbler #2

Here is another image of the Red Warbler. Comments are welcome. Thanks for looking.

1DMKIII
    500mm+1.4TC
    ISO400
    F.6
    1/640
    Flash

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Lorant, I like the composition, the clean background and the eye contact. A higher ISO would allowed you to go to f8 and get more deep of field. I have never seen this species so I am not sure about how it looks in real life but i think that it is a bit on the warm side of the spectrum. I think that the image is a bit flat and that a touch of levels adjustment would improve the result. I also added a round of niose reduction to the Bg a nd a touch of gaussian blur to the upper left corner of the frame. Oops, I almost forget to mention that I cloned out a small, distracting, bristle in the tip of the bill. I like this image a lot :)

Ofer Levy

Detail and sharpness on the head look good to me. With this position of the bird and perch I would have preferred to see this as a vertical. Juan's repost is an improvement IMHO.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Aragonés View Post
    Hi Lorant, I like the composition, the clean background and the eye contact. A higher ISO would allowed you to go to f8 and get more deep of field. I have never seen this species so I am not sure about how it looks in real life but i think that it is a bit on the warm side of the spectrum. I think that the image is a bit flat and that a touch of levels adjustment would improve the result. I also added a round of niose reduction to the Bg a nd a touch of gaussian blur to the upper left corner of the frame. Oops, I almost forget to mention that I cloned out a small, distracting, bristle in the tip of the bill. I like this image a lot :)

Hello Juan

I really appreciate your opinion. I was doubting about the level adjustment. I converted the image to sRGB mode and I check it in my two different browsers Safari and Camino. In Safari it looked warmer then in Camino; in Camino it was a bit flat. I went between the two. Do you on anyone have any suggestion regarding this problem?

Thanks for your repost. I like the other modifications. :-)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice image well exposed. In this case, I like the shallow depth of focus as it makes the bird pop nicely and there are no distracting out of focus tail markings. Generally, I prefer Juan's repost (viewed in Safari). But, I feel strongly that if the bristles are part of the bird they should stay.

Ákos Lumnitzer

I think Juan's repost is spot on, except removal of the bristles from the side of the bill, unless they are not part of the plumage of course.

I like the horizontal comp brother. It's fine I think, my only observation I find a little odd is the drooping wing, which I think may be caused by its reaction to your flash? Well done! :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

perfect compo for this really nice shot

http://www.lilacwine,it

Bryan Hix

Neat little bird. I like Juan's adjustments. I don't know if even going to f/8 would have help due to the angle of the body to the camera. That being said, I think this comp works just fine.