Thread: Who"s Hungry

Forum Participant Joe Senzatimore's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Who"s Hungry

Attached Images Attached Images

Not the most artistic,clean shot but too good an opportunity to pass up. Have never seen an Anhinga Chick , no less a feeding. The nests at Wako have no foliage around them due to the cold snap , so they offer views not normaly seen. This is from today spent shooting with 2 of the nicest people on the face of the earth. Thanks for a great morning Alfred and Fabs.

800ISO f8 at 1/2500th

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Joe, I agree with you. If I had been there I also would have hit the shutter release. I like the behavior you captured. The wide open mouth and the chicks competing for the food is interesting. I also agree with your statement that this is not the most artistic image (I did enjoy it). Never the less, if this were mine I would try the following things to see if the presentation was enhanced.

1. I would even out the upper left hand corner to reduce or eliminate the bright area as this area tends to draw my eye away from the birds. I also might try a small amount blurring of the background.

2. I would do a little pruning of the branches behind the birds and possibly the tips of a couple of the branches that are in front of the birds (center bottom third).

3. I would try and reduce the tone down the white wash on the nest.

Thanks for sharing.

Forum Participant Joe Senzatimore's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Phil. I worked on this before I posted it. Tough to do on a laptop. You should have seen the original.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Joe, I hear you. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Still a nice behavior stop.