Thread: Blackbird

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Blackbird

Here a commen bird from holland.This bird you can find almost everywhere in this country. But this one was shot with a nice background.

1/40s f8 iso 400 500mm + 1.4 extender

Thanks for watching.

Willem
    Last edited by Willem Verboom; 01-29-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: photo updated

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Nice pose and BG, Willem. It might be worth darkening down the brighter area in the BG behind the bird and a little more sharpening may be in order as the image looks a bit soft. I like the detail in the black feathers.
    Tony Whitehead
    Visit my blog at WildLight Photography for latest news and images.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice looking bird, reminds me of a Sooty thrush. Nice BG, would prefer to see just one branch.

Alfred Forns

Hi Willem Amazingly sharp for the shutter speed, you did real well !!! .. don't think I would have bothered to stop one down.

Do like pretty bg and pose, might increase contrast just a bit. Fine image !!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ah, looks like he reposted with sharpening added as the image in Pane 1 looks way sharp. Amazing at 1/40 sec. Love the bird, love, love love it: simple as can be. The back part of the perch, the 2nd branch, is most unfortunate and could be dealt with....
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Willem, Fabulous shot...beautiful bird with great details, perfect exposure! What Artie said goes for me too. 2nd branch an easy repair if you are so inclined.

Congratulations on a fine image!

Cheers!
    Bruce

niranjan sant

beautiful image and great exposure. nice details in black

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A very common bird in Europe, but the male is rarely photographed well because of that light-absorbing black plumage. Great technique on the exposure Willem, and the scarily long shutter speed. Nice.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you al very much for all the nice comments en reactions. But I don't understand one thing
    The back part of the perch, the 2nd branch, is most unfortunate and could be dealt with....
    What you mean by that? If possible a beter explanation for a dutch dute!!!!!!!!!

Thanks !!!

Willem