Thread: Dipper

Svetoslav Spasov

Default Dipper

All critiques and comments are welocme.
    Canon 7D, 400mm f5,6, ISO 640, 1/250, f5,6, tripod

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Good pose and habitat. Exposure looks good to preserve the details in the white throat. I would probably try a closer crop and darken down the surrounds a little as I find the white water streams pulling my eye away.
    Tony Whitehead
    Visit my blog at WildLight Photography for latest news and images.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think that this is a good example of an image where you have done everything right yet the impact of the resulting image is somewhat lacking.... I would have tried a really slow shutter speed here, perhaps 1/30 or even 1/15 sec. in an attempt to have the bird sharp and the water well blurred....
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Svetoslav Spasov

Tony, you are probably right, I should have tried it.
    Arthur, I like shots with moving water and still birds and did try to do it but the Dipper was so restless that non of the images was sharp enough.
    Thanks for your comments.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

At times it is possible to combine the sharp bird with the soft water but it is not easy at the edges... At least for me.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.