Thread: Anhinga Full Flaps ~ High Key

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Anhinga Full Flaps ~ High Key

Attached Images Attached Images

I had a cloudy background one morning recently at Viera, so I thought I'd try something a little different as I did have just a tad of side lighting as the sun peeked through the clouds on the horizon to the east.

I would have preferred the bird not to be looking down to this extent but in order to get full wing extension after watching a couple incoming attempts first, I realized that this was the approximate moment I needed to release the shutter.

Not your typical anhinga image and I don't know how it will set, so be honest?

Nikon D300s, 500VR, ISO 1000, F6.3, 1/320, CW metering, nearUniWB preset, +1.7 EV

Axel Hildebrandt

I like the composition, high-key, sharpness and dangling feet and would only desaturate the feet a few points.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the high key and full wing span, nice and sharp as well. The pose is lovely witht he exception of the head position. For me, that takes a lot away from an other wise very nice image. Dave

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It works really nice in my opinion Jim. Love this kind of high keys images, specially in cases like this one with such an excellent exposure job on the blacks

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Perfect exposure and a look that is both interesting and effective. A little more eye contact would have been nice, but a strong image anyhow.
    Upcoming Workshops: Bosque del Apache 2019, Ecuador 2020 (details coming soon)
    Website -
    Facebook - 500px