Thread: Merlin...I Think

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Merlin...I Think

Attached Images Attached Images

Out early the other morning and spotted this little one (I think it is a Merlin) sitting in the tree. I love the Hore Frost on the branches.

A700+Sigma 120-400mm, 400mm, 1/1000, f/5.6, ISO 200, Cropped and Lightroom Adjustments

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

the hore frost makes for very interesting picture. good eye contact. Might consider a little tighter crop to bring the bird closer. the bird looks a little soft

TFS :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks to be Merlin. I had the great fortune of observing this species for the first time on 8 Dec 2009 at San Carlos Bay, Fort Myers, Florida. It is extremely fast in flight and apparently a very formidable predator for its smaller size. It's good to know its range is so vast. Have you considered including the date of the shot and where it was taken? I had inadvertently caused my bird to take flight before I got anywhere near as close as you appear to have approached the bird. Very well done.

Fabs Forns

I love the frosted branches. Isee some chromatic aberration in the face and some degree of noise in the BG. Is this a big crop?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

It was taken Jan.22, 2010 around 9am between between Kanata and Richmond Ontario. Yes this is a big crop.