Thread: Mallard Posing Like A Swan

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Mallard Posing Like A Swan

Attached Images Attached Images

I like how this Mallard is posing like a Swan.

A700 + Sigma 120-400mm, 160mm, 1/500, f/6.7, ISO200, Cropped and Lightroom Adjustments

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I always love ducks images like this where you can see the speculum (those light blue feathers). Did you crop this? It could sure use some more room all around. EXP looks OK; the highlights could be toned down just a bit for my taste.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Arthur. Yes I did do a bit of cropping to this photo to remove some of the BG.

Fabs Forns

Very nice colors but the eye does not look sharp to me, maybe because of the double catch light.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jeff:
    Very nice display of the colors here. I like the speculum, and also appreciate the green on the rear, as this area is usually not well seen.

I might be tempted to soften the brightness and contrast of the water in the background just enough to highlight the bird even more. Subtle brush work on an adjustment layer might work nicely.

A very nice capture of a common bird.

Cheers

Randy