Callie de Wet

Default Landing or flying -off?

Attached Images Attached Images

Cattle Egret
    Nikon D300S 600f4, ISO 800
    F6,3; AP, Matrix
    1/4000; -0,3EV
    06h56 AM
    Isolated the bird, new layer, smart sharpen, noise reduction & blurred BG layer copy, merged, sharpened again.
    Last edited by Callie de Wet; 01-17-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Love the pose and plumage details, Callie. Interesting that the near wing has passed beneath the beak - looks like brakes on for landing to me. Can't offer any tone or colour suggestions as on a bad monitor at work.
    Tony Whitehead
    Visit my blog at WildLight Photography for latest news and images.

Axel Hildebrandt

Interesting pose and good sharpness. I'm wondering if the colors are due to color cast or morning light. The vegetation on the left does not seem really connected to the landing (?) action. I could also see this as a vertical crop and it could go a bit lighter.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

An sharp, detailed landing catch. Looks a bit underexposed, though. Maybe brighten a bit. On my display, the background looks a bit purple. Don't know if it's colour cast or the color of the clouds in the background.

Fabs Forns

Attached Images Attached Images

I did a vertical crop, increased EXP with a curves adjustment and used Color Balance, adding 17 points of green to the magenta/green slider.
    Hope you like it!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The changes Fabs did are what makes the picture

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'm not suggesting this as a crop, but I was interested in the color. My adjustment here is based on a guess. But this might have been taken
    in a sunset (or sunrise) with a red/magenta hue. I set white and black points as the main adjustments.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Callie, I like the landing posture, especially the left wing curled inwards. With regards to the colour, If this was taken at first light, the colours would make sense, showing warm colours. Having said that, it does help to bring out the whites a little more. I like Fabs' version.

Callie de Wet

Thank you guys for commenting and reworking, you did splendid work, I am still looking for my lower jaw at your prowess. This was taken very early in the morning, the sun's rays nearly horizontal, so to speak, hence the Cast. I am not good at all at fixing colour, so any pointers will be appreciated.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callie de Wet View Post
    This was taken very early in the morning, the sun's rays nearly horizontal, so to speak, hence the Cast. I am not good at all at fixing colour, so any pointers will be appreciated.
    I've seen sunrises with that pinkish cast and had a hunch that might be the case here. Great catch!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Callie. Great image. Love the pose and detail. I also like the rework by Fabs.:)