Attached Images Attached Images

Got this a year ago, not too much luck / time out these days
    Croped from horizontal. 20D 400/5.6
    Iso 200, 1/1600, f6.3, EC 0
    All C&C are appreciated and thanks for looking

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gal, Nice looking bird. Nicely exposed with good details. I think the pose is pleasing. For me it si a plus that we can see the foot. The nice soft blue background is also very nice. The bird feels a little tight in frame (personal preference). I like your composition as I think the vertical presentation works however I was also thinking that a horizontal presentation would also work as it would allow the inclusion of the water rings around the bird and provide space for the bird to look into. Always nice when you can get two different presentations for one image. Thanks for sharing.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very expressive! That's what i like about it. I too say it's too tight right and left but would add to crop down about a third of the way. This would put the bird in a more dominant position. Love shots like this!

Paul

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

agreed with the comments above, nice detail / colors but would like a little more canvas to it, there is a good article her on how to do it if your interested http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...ad.php?t=41898

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice intimate portrait, low angle, and good to see this species foot:)

Personally I would crop horizontal, to give more room but still have the intimacy. Well done!

Ed

Judy Lynn Malloch

Beautiful capture and pose . I agree with a horizontal rather than a vertical for this image. Your exposure was spot on and lovely eye contact and detail. Fine work and thanks for sharing.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like the pose on this one. Well done on exposure and focus. If you go horizontal group, it may need a bit of ccw rotation. Dave

Bill Ragan

I really liked your photo. When I first saw it, there was nothing about it that I did not like. When I was ready to post my impression, though, I thought that I might have brought down the shutter speed and used a little smaller aperture for just a little more depth of field. Thanks for sharing!

Fabs Forns

What a beauty, Gal. I feel it's a bit constricted and wonder how it would have looked in the horizontal format.
    Beautiful light.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Agreed with all above. Too tight for my taste, but the sharpness, colors, and excellent catchlight make this an excellent shot.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Gal, Really nice pose. The eye contact and raised foot add alot to this. Lovely blue water. I agree w/ a horizontal comp. Beautiful IQ.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The feel is awesome ,but a bit tight on the compo....would have preferred a horizontal .

IOTY Winner 2009 Mark Dumbleton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely colours, head angle and BG here! I like the vertical comp here, but I cant help thinking this image is a tad skew. I feel some counter-clockwise rotation would do the trick.