Thread: Serenity

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Serenity

Attached Images Attached Images

I have gotten a lot of mileage out of this shot, and I always find it fun to rework the same pic. This was colour, converted to tri-tone, Glamour Glow in NIK, texture added for the BG, and reflector effects in NIK. Lots of other minor tweaks. I have been inspired by Barbara and Cindy's monochromatic palettes lately too.
    Comments Appreciated, Thanks.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Jackie, I like the color toning and the BG effect. The very faint words work well. Very nice base image that was fantastic as a color image but really lends itself well to this style. Nicely done.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very elegant Jackie! well done!

Barbara Kile

Love this - the background, the orchid, with the Nik effects - all combine to make this image sing. A very elegant theme image!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jackie,

As has been said, "Elegant" is a great word for this creation. It fits the theme perfectly. I found that I would sit back and just enjoy the beauty of the blossoms and the flow of the composition. Then I noticed the first word in the background, so I sat closer and studied to find all of the almost subliminal messages. Satisfied that I had found all of them, although a bit puzzled still with one*, I sat back and again enjoyed the overall image while trying to imagine how you must have created it.

* I don't know if this was intentional or not, but it also fits the theme, since an aspect of Asian teachings is intended to leave the student wondering and seeking more.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautifully done, Jackie. Great choice of subject. I like the color and positioning of the orchids. TFS.

Julie Kenward

When you start with good bones, your possibilities are endless and this is one of those images, Jackie! Beautiful, serene treatment...it really lets my eyes rest and settle on the flower. Gorgeous!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice image and application Jackie.

Nice BG compliments the subject.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the comments everyone. Patti I wish I could say that I wanted people to be seeking and learning, but no, just added these words. Seem to do things most intuitively and I was interested in what people would say about the words. They just seemed fitting to me for the image. Just wanted people to stay a second or two longer and really look and create their own meaning.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jackie - Serene says it all. A beautiful base image, the bg is gorgeous. It makes you want to rest your eyes
    on it for a long time. Great job:)
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Cindy Mead

what a lovely comp Jackie... I love the toning and softness, yet the nice details that still show through. This is gorgeous :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

As said above...I really like the backgound effect make the flowers stand out..Lovely