Thread: Albinos Chickadee

Patrice Allibert

Default Albinos Chickadee

Attached Images Attached Images

It is not really usual to see such a white for an albinos chickadee. The bird was very active, not so much time to find the good adjustments

Any advice regarding the global composition?

Thanks

Nikon D300
    200-400 @ 400 mm at f-10
    1/320 @ iso 640
    +0,7 ev

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The composition is fine. (What do you mean by "global"?) The exposure and the bird are great. It is unfortunate that the situation was so cluttered and that the bird is angled away from you. Does it come to your feeders?

IAC, you did very well with a quite interesting subject.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Patrice, If by global you mean overall then the placement of the bird in the frame is fine but the Bg is a bit to cluttered for the image to really work I think if the bird was facing more towards you it is a strong enough focal point to work. The overall technicals of the image are very good with the whites looking good
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy

Patrice Allibert

Don

you exactly answered to Arthur question. My major point was about the placement of the bird and how to manage the background when it is not uniform.

Patrice

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Patrice..Bonne capture..Où avez-vous vu cet oiseau? Are you near Montreal...aimeriez le voir

Patrice Allibert

Paul,

the location is Domaine de Maizerets in Québec. I do not know if the bird has been seen before