Thread: Costa Rica Eco-lodge recommendations

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Costa Rica Eco-lodge recommendations

I am seeking a lodge with wireless internet, birds and hummingbirds, and a reasonable price (well under $100 if at all possible). Hotel de Montaña Savegre has been recommended to me twice now, but it is a bit pricy,
    thank you,
    tom

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Some years ago I spend about a week in Monteverde and I stayed in a Hotel very near to the parking of Monteverde Nature Reserve. Prices was under 100$ and it was very clean, well located and confortable. I can not remember the name right now but if you are interested I can have a look to my travel log.

I suggest to keep in touch with a BPN fellow, Juan Carlos Vindas, that lives in Costa Rica. Perhaps he can help you with that kind of information. :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Tom here is a link to the hotel´s website (http://www.trappfam.com/monteverde.htm). A really nice place to spend a few days, nice food, amazing views of the canopy from the rooms (very confortable and clean) and a very nice walk of about one kilometer to reach the entrance of the Monteverde Reserve and I am talking about a unpavimented road in the middle of a fantastic cloud forest. Lot of birding oportunities for in the road and a very safe place.
    Hope this helps :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Trapp never answered me. Monteverde has a public bus that goes to the reserves at 6:15 AM, plenty early for photography. So I found a great place in the city, Arco Iris, which has a nice size piece of primary forest attached where I saw three species not seen anywhere else in the country. They compost, create soil and are involved in reforestation projects. And they are 1/2 the price of Trapp, even with the buffet breakfast for $7. I am just finishing a 3.5 week trip through Costa Rica, travelling by bus, and Arco Iris was the best value I found.