Thread: snow bunting

Yves Matteau

Default snow bunting

Thanks to everybody who helped me to find the answer at my problem. Here is my image of the snow bunting ( at least i hope)

Axel Hildebrandt

Good-looking specimen and unusual to look up to these little guys. I wish the head were turned toward us and I would tone down the highlights more and I think there is a slight S/H halo and I might reduce contrast a few points.

I fixed the link. If you link from pbase, you have to add /original.jpg after the link.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yves:

A very attractive bird. Axel covered the critique well. There is some color noise popping up in the background, possibly from compression.

Cheers

Randy

niranjan sant

lovely bird,i wish the head was in better position,and looks too tight to me

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice looking bright bird.

Most fatal problem: head turned away

Next: light angle. Best to point your shadow at the subject.

Also: over saturated.

What was the situation?
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.