Thread: 2 Year Old Bald Eagle

Bill McCrystyn

Default 2 Year Old Bald Eagle

Attached Images Attached Images

D300 200-400VR 1.7TC 1020mm ISO800 1/3200 f.6.7 CW EV-0.67 Handheld Boat

I got a series on this guy. We moved in about 75' of this guy perched. Adjusted the position of the boat, then shut down the motor and let the wind blow us in the rest of the way. It was a white cap day at about 26* with the wind chill. The parents and a sibling were circling above. Perfect blue sky day for the Eagles which gave him lots of lift when he finally took off. I was lucky enough to get a couple three fight shots coming up in my next posts.
    Last edited by Bill McCrystyn; 12-27-2009 at 08:51 PM.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'm impressed if you were hand holding in a boat … well done. I like the reflection of the sky in the bird's eye, and the ruffled feathers give it a 'devil may care' look. Look forward to seeing the BIF shots too. If I were to criticise anything it would be a lack of punch which may just be my screen, of course.

Bill McCrystyn

Thank you Hilary. I would have to agree with you. I don't prep mine for the Web and sometimes it tells. You lose so much going from Tif to JPEG. Hopefully you will enjoy my flight shot of this guy tomorrow. We are feeling real good about an abundance of young Eagles in the air here this year. That bodes well for the bird. The mature ones have been keeping just out of reach, photographically, but if we can handle the cold we will get out some more and get that wild shot we look for.