Thread: Last Light Incoming

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Last Light Incoming

Attached Images Attached Images

This image is full frame on the horizontal. Lining everything up so as to have the light at your back when it starts to take on that pinkish hue and getting the owl to fly straight towards you is not as easy it may seem, even with baiting. The focus is spot on despite how hard it is to tell on the web, and supports detail nicely up to a 3' pano. The D300 missed one out of five on the frames preceding this one.

500 f4, D300, handheld, 1/1600, f5, manual exposure, baited, iso400

Scott
    Last edited by Scott Linstead; 02-18-2008 at 05:07 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Man, I can't wait till the snow melts.. You guys are killing us with these. Love the soft light, the pattern of the talons, the eyes, and the diagonal. If this was baited, please let us know in your original post.

thanks and later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant Manos Papadomanolakis's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Breathtaking Scott,big congrats!!!

Axel Hildebrandt

Great light, pose, details and composition. I particularly like the position of the talons.

Steve Wheeler

"Man, I can't wait till the snow melts.. " Made me laugh...

I have to agree... I'm SO JEALOUS of the recent 'Flury" of really nice snowy owl images... Of which this is one! I don't think we have too many snowy owls in TX. :-(

Not much not to like here... Stunning pose and look. I too love the position of the talons.

Really nicely done!

..just kidding about the snow melting... I could not get tired of looking at images such as this. Just wish I could offer one of my own!

Steve

Brian Wong

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wheeler View Post
    "Man, I can't wait till the snow melts.. " Made me laugh...

I have to agree... I'm SO JEALOUS of the recent 'Flury" of really nice snowy owl images... Of which this is one! I don't think we have too many snowy owls in TX. :-(

Not much not to like here... Stunning pose and look. I too love the position of the talons.

Really nicely done!

..just kidding about the snow melting... I could not get tired of looking at images such as this. Just wish I could offer one of my own!

Steve
    I echo the laugh!!!! Seriously, these are all such an inspiration!