Thread: Abstract GBH Couple

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Abstract GBH Couple

Attached Images Attached Images

First of all I want to thank James Shadle for adding our weekly theme and re-create options in the new thread area!! Whoooohoooo!!This is a fantastic addition and much appreciated. :D

I added the fractalius glow at 100%. This created a very abstract look that I liked. I am posting the orig. below it for comparison. I added some detail back in:)
    Last edited by denise ippolito; 12-26-2009 at 11:59 AM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Attached Images Attached Images

Here is the SOC image I started with. I didn't do any post processing to this image as I knew it would not be seen in the remake.

Dave Phillips

a real stunner with soooooper frac effect.....you are enjoying that new software.
    Might nix the one light twig on left border. The eyes and beak revealed are just the perfect touch

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Thanks Dave, I love the frac. program and can see lots of possibilities. I will remove the twig-good suggestion.:)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

That is so cool! Love the black BG.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow! Elegant and sexy at once. Amazing how the BKGR just disappears into blackness and how the clutter is turned into sweetness. And the sharp eyes put it over the top for me.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Axel Hildebrandt

Pretty cool effect and shapes, looks like a very imaginative Sci-Fi movie! Is this a PS plugin?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Denise, elegant is a good description. I love it:)
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Hildebrandt View Post
    Pretty cool effect and shapes, looks like a very imaginative Sci-Fi movie! Is this a PS plugin?
    Axel, This is the plug in: Fractalius. A Google search will get you to their web site in seconds.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Cindy Mead

glad to see you got the program Denise :D this is just lovely, I really love the graceful interweaving lines and the white on black is so very dynamic. This is beautiful :)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful image, Denise! I love how the fractalius makes the lines of the herons and branches glow against the black BG. The clear eyes add a nice touch. Well done. :)
    God Bless
    Christopher, Old Photo Master and Master Texturizer

Old Memories Photography

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Thankyou all for the great feedback and comments. I am very glad to have received the program. I love it.
    Artie, Thankyou for giving the info to Axel.:)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

My sister Arna offers the following critique: "That's so cool! It's electricfying. I love it."

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Denise, this is undoubtedly a stunner!! Love what you have achieve with the filter. One of my favorites of yours.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Artie, Please tell your sister Arna thankyou for taking the time to look and comment. Much appreciated.
    Indranil, Thankyou very much. I appreciate it alot.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Denise - I loved everything about this till I found out the plug-in doesn't work on a Mac. :(

Show us some more though. I am a big guy; I can take it.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Allan, Sorry to hear that. I just love the program and it has so many different options and variables.
    Thanks for taking the time to comment and the kind words. I appreciate it.:)

Julie Kenward

Outstanding, Denise - I think this is one of your top ten. Beautiful, elegant, sensual - it's got a lovely "feel" to it. I agree with Arnie, it is wonderful the way the BG melts away and everything is simplified.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Kenward View Post
    Outstanding, Denise - I think this is one of your top ten. Beautiful, elegant, sensual - it's got a lovely "feel" to it. I agree with Arnie, it is wonderful the way the BG melts away and everything is simplified.
    Jules, I think that it is one of her top one but I do not know the others :) I am encouraging her to enter it in some contests with digital creations or anything goes categories. There are more of those each year. Whatever she did to that image it is magical.

I would love to "borrow" the idea and apply it to my ABP cover image but that would be thievery ;) Maybe I can persuade Denise to do it just to see what it looks like.

Julie Kenward

Well, she got me with that one. I just went and plunked down the $40 for the plug in. ;)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Jules, I think that it is one of her top one but I do not know the others :) I am encouraging her to enter it in some contests with digital creations or anything goes categories. There are more of those each year. Whatever she did to that image it is magical.

I would love to "borrow" the idea and apply it to my ABP cover image but that would be thievery ;) Maybe I can persuade Denise to do it just to see what it looks like.

I will take your advice and enter it in a contest as soon as I find one. I will use the title you gave me as well, if that is okay w/ you.
    You could persuade me:)I'm sure. And it would be an honor.

Jules, You won't regret it. It's alot of fun and I can't stop "fracting" everything.
    Last edited by denise ippolito; 12-27-2009 at 08:57 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow. Uncontrollable fracting. I would'nt mind fracting a few things myself!
    Last edited by denise ippolito; 12-27-2009 at 10:57 AM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Wow. Uncontrollable fracting. I would'nt mind fracting a few things myself!

I think you should. It's alot of fun!:)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

That sounds like what I had in mind!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is truly a winner to my eyes Denise you sure are talented.......WOW!!!:)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Jim, Thankyou very much for your kind words. I appreciate it.:)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Denise
    The original was so well composed and the Fractalius effect is the icing on the cake.
    Great work, quite stunning.
    Just wonder if you've tried a few frames to push the centre image out even more.
    Cheers: Ian Mc

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Ian, No I haven't but I will look into it.Thankyou for taking the time to help me. I appreciate it.:)