Thread: repost of white-throated sparrow 9403 yesterday

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default repost of white-throated sparrow 9403 yesterday

Attached Images Attached Images

I went to the original PSD file, deleted the hue/saturation layer, leaving only the levels and background layers, plus a dodge/burn layer I used to darken the stem of the bush in the BG. The jpg file I posted today was made from that file. No additional contrast was added after it came through the RAW converter.

Is it also "over processed?"

Frankly, I see little difference in the two posts, but I have no way to put them side-by-side.

-J

Axel Hildebrandt

The colors look a bit off on my monitor. Maybe you can just reduce the saturation and maybe clone out the branch in the BG.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I have already deleted the hue/saturation layer. The image you see has zero.

The first image I posted was criicized for excessive saturation, yet I had added only a tiny amount. So, to address that, I went back to the psd master and DELETED THE SATURATION LAYER. This jpg has no more saturation than when the psd came from the camera. So I don't know how to address a charge of excessive saturation.

Axel Hildebrandt

Attached Images Attached Images

I took the saturation slider in Photoshop to -23 and reduced the BG noise. I would still clone out the branch in the BG.
    Last edited by Axel Hildebrandt; 02-19-2008 at 06:43 AM.