Thread: Willet

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Willet

Attached Images Attached Images

Fort Macon state park, Atlantic Beach, NC. 40D, Bigma @ 500mm, f/8.0, 1/400, AV mode ev +1, carbon fiber tripod w/ side mount gimbal. RAW conversion via ACR CS3, selective sharpening on bird and background noise reduction in PS. Minimal cropping, this is probably around 75% of origianl.

Gus Cobos

Excellent composition, image and capture Bob...The feel is over the top...I like the head turn pose with the fine feather details. the sharp eye and head angle...the color rendition is super...and the bird is positioned just right in frame...good show...looking forward to more...:cool:

Alfred Forns

Looks good Bob Do like those looking back poses !!! Could even give a more room to the left if you wish !!! I like it a lot !!!

Lance Peters

Looking good Bob - nice look back, exposure looks good, sharp and nice colours.
    One thing to keep in mind when shooting at the beach - keep a eye on those waves in the BG - they can add or subtract from a image - just need to have them in the right place.
    Good show :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice pose and sharpness. I think the waves work well too.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Killer shot Bob,.. love the +1 keeping it to the right. As Gus mentioned, images is framed well.

What I like best, the thinking pose of the bird, you give him/her a purpose against the vastness of the ocean - this is good-stuff and show a great moment in nature.

The LRHC bubdle? is alright with me but could be evicted as well - strong image!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Bob, Really nice soft tones to this. I like the look back pose and agree w/ Alfred,a bit more room left would balance it out nicely. It's good that the wave isn't intersecting with the bill. Nicely done. Congrats!!:D