Thread: Help with finding exp comp metadata

Bryan Hix

Default Help with finding exp comp metadata

I am hoping somebody can help me with finding the exposure compensation and well as my flash compensation info in my metadata. I normally use PSE7 and LR2 depending on what I am doing to the photo. So, when I go to look at the metdata, everything is there but those two items. I see "exposure bias", but it's always "0". Is it because I shoot in RAW? I can't find it in either program and I just looked in Canon's Digital Photo Pro and don't see it there either. It's right there on my file when I look in the camera, so it has to be somewhere. I am forced to download my photos, sort through the keepers, and then go back to my camera to find the file and manually write down the exp/flash compensation info for each file. It's tedious and I am sure a completely avoidable exercise. This is probably a really dumb question. :confused:
    Last edited by Bryan Hix; 12-21-2009 at 09:53 AM.

Axel Hildebrandt

If you shoot manual then you won't see EC, but for example in AV you should see it, no matter whether the file is jpg or RAW. I don't think there is a way to see the FEC in the EXIF.

Bryan Hix

I just pulled up a file that a shot in Av yesterday and it still says zero and I know I shot those with +2/3. I don't get it.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Bryan, You should be able to display that info on your screen in LR2. Under View>view info,then select the info you would like shown on the screen.

Bryan Hix

It worked. Thanks. It does only work if you are in anything but manual.
    Last edited by Bryan Hix; 12-21-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Banned
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bryan,
    In photoshop, go to File -> file info, then select raw which (I think) has all the exif data from the camera. You may need to convert to an image file to do this.

Roger