Sigma 70-300 APO(Non IS at 263mm)
    f/8
    1/320 sec
    ISO-400
    +2 EC
    Pattern Metering
    Aperture Priority
    AWB

Kindly suggest means to improve. Just a beginner and all C&C most welcome. Please be harsh and honest. Appreciate the time. Thanks a lot. :D

-Cheers,
    Rohan
    Follow birding activity in and around Pune at:- http://groups.google.com/group/punebirds
    __________________________________________________ _
    Conservation begins at HOME... We CAN make a difference...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the over pass by pose with good wing and tail span, I also like the HA and the underwing detail too. Your bird seem soft, not sure if this is from motion blur or not. I also see halo around the bird, did you tried to brighten the bird?

Rohan Kamath

The softness is probably because the lens is (in the nicest words I can think of) utter crap. Will still try me best to get sharper images in the future.And no I did not brighten the bird. The only PP i have done on this image is sharpen the bird a little. Maybe that caused the halo(??)

-Cheers,
    Rohan
    Follow birding activity in and around Pune at:- http://groups.google.com/group/punebirds
    __________________________________________________ _
    Conservation begins at HOME... We CAN make a difference...

Axel Hildebrandt

I like the underwing exposure and look-down pose. Another vote for more sharpening of the bird.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Rohan....excellent underwings exposure. I have seen such halos created by excessive chroma NR during raw conversion. Did you do that? It does not look like sharpening halo to me...but I might be wrong. For sharpening, you should select the bird without selecting the edges( in photoshop) and then sharpen....to prevent halos.