Thread: Bald Eagle

Jose Suro

Default Bald Eagle

Yes, there is a stump in front of the bird but the light was perfect and I waited the whole day for this shot. I take what the bird gives me and they have wings, therefore they are unpredictable (to an extent) :).

Thanks for looking.

Best,

Jose

D300 - 200~400VR @ 400mm - 1/1600s @ F5 - ISO 400 - Manual Exposure - Full frame

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The right wing has some super fine spread to it. And I like the outstretched claws ready to grab.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Seems as close to perfect as I can imagine! Beautiful light and great exposure.

George DeCamp

Jose,

A very exciting image. The wing has awesome detail and position. The claws are out as far as they go it looks like, killer pose. The nit is as you mentioned, the darn little stump blocking the tail and leg. Hey I would still like to have this one, good catch!

Maxis Gamez

A very difficult image. I wish for more room all around. Very nice light and very sharp.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

lovely light. lovely composition & u've pulled off a real sharp one ...

TFS.

rgds,
    Kaushik

Anita Rakestraw

Jose, this is so beautifully photographed and post processed - sharp, great comp, lovely light, great colors , wonderful action - that its flaws would only be noticed by other skilled bird photographers - and not all of them!! Beautiful work!

Philip Pietri

What a gorgeous image! The light is simply perfect. I actually really love the perch (minus the distracting stump under the legs) as it gives this photo a good sense of movement in relation to the bird. Excellent comp, although the wing-tip and bottom left of the perch are a bit close to the edge of the frame. Congrats on a near-perfect Bald Eagle capture!