Thread: Birds in line

Gautam Biswas

Default Birds in line

Attached Images Attached Images

This is an environmental image. When I visited the Keoladeo Bird sanctuary in Bharatpur last December, there was a mist early in the morning. and I could see some birds in the mist. I found these four birds lined up on different perches in the distance and attempted to make this image. When I saw the image as RAW file, the image looked pretty dull. Today I tried tweaking levels and a slight cropping to work out this image. Let me know your comments.

Canon 1DIII with 500mm f4 at ISO 250 f 9 and 1/80s

Judy Lynn Malloch

Gautam I really like the mood you captured in this image and I spent some tine just looking at it . Very interesting capture and good eye to see it. If it were mine and this is just my taste I might be tempted to crop it and elliminate the fourth bird form the right as I sense a little more balance in the image and crop a little from the top. Fine environmental capture Gautam and thanks for sharing.

Gautam Biswas

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Lynn Malloch View Post
    If it were mine and this is just my taste I might be tempted to crop it and elliminate the fourth bird form the right as I sense a little more balance in the image and crop a little from the top.
    Dear Judy, Thanks for your comments. I had myself debated whether I should crop out the fourth bird which also had some motion blur. My reason for not doing was that a closer crop might get rid of some of the mist. But I think your suggestion was good as this looks better.
    Last edited by Gautam Biswas; 02-17-2008 at 04:49 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice suggestion by Judy. I am tempted to even crop a little more on the top and turn into a Pano.

Anita Rakestraw

I think the cropped version works better because the 4th bird kind of got lost in the vegetation anyway. Is there also a bird in the tree (the white)? Maybe clone that out as it does tend to draw the eye.... The mist is great and good eye for seeing it all - nice moody image!

Judy Lynn Malloch

Really like the repost Gautam !!