Thread: white-throated sparrow

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default white-throated sparrow

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon EOS 40D, Aperture priority, 1/125 @ f/8, ISO200, 70-200 + 2x ext, flash fill

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice pose. The tail crossing the oof stick on the right doesn't do the image any good though. Also, the image has an over processed look in general to me. l

Threads
    Thank You Posts

You have oversaturated this photograph. You could especially tone down the yellows and reds to give this one a more realistic look. Great pose by the sparrow. Eye looks sharp, but the bill is rather soft.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Hi Joel Lovely pose in this image and great head turn but it does appear that the lighting was quite harsh. I find the tree behind a bit distracting and wonder if it would have been possible to move a little more to the left and thus eliminating it ? It looks a bit over sharpened as well. Many thanks for sharing.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

In a blind I can only move a few inches.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This image stands accused of excessive saturation and is "over processed." Not sure what that means, but I went back to my *.psd master file, which added a tiny amount of saturation, and deleted the saturation/hue layer entirely. I had sharpened and posted only a jpg copy of the psd file, so the one I will post for comparison will not be sharpened at all. The image, then, will be just as it comes from the camera except for cropping, since I adjusted it only with levels. According to the rules here, insufficient time has passed since I last posted in this forum, so I will post the comparison image later today or tomorrow. I am curious how it will compare.