Thread: Mid Air Action

Judy Lynn Malloch

Default Mid Air Action

Attached Images Attached Images

I am posting this because of the unusual action I captured this week. Usually this mid air action is seen more with the snowys but it is the first time I had ever seen it happen with GBH. This went on for approximately an hour. Each time the GBH would come in with a stick the partner would fly up in the air and the display was incredible. This image could be better in-many ways but the action prompted me to post it anyway.

Nikon D300
    Nikon 300 mm F 2.8
    ISO 400 !/1250, F9
    manual

All comments are appreciated.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Very nice action captured Judy. It is very nice to see behavior shots like this. The GBH are so amazing to watch as they prepare their nests and mate. I never saw the one jumping like this but I have only been fortunate to observe them for several weeks. I look forward seeing them again in Feb.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Judy, well done for getting both large birds in the frame. Good interaction captured, and both nice and sharp.

Bill McCrystyn

NIce capture Judy. Nice to see what the creatures are doing sometimes. Everything doesn't have to be a Hallmark postcard to enjoy it. Thanks for sharing it.

Fabs Forns

Hey comadre, that is some interesting action you captured here, I've never seen them do that. It is a behavioral image, so we tend to relax the standards a bit :)
    Not sure about Friday as of right now :(

Suzanne Huot

Thanks for posting this unusual and interesting action going on and the comments

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful image , nice action captured here
    TFS