Thread: First Post - American Bald Eagle

Ron Shue

Default First Post - American Bald Eagle

Attached Images Attached Images

Hey all,

I was introduced to your website by a friend at our local camera club. I have only browsed a bit so far but I am really enjoying the precise analysis, commentary and critique from members.... and I've certainly not gone far enough to take on one of Art's quizzes..

So... here is my first post and I really look forward to what all of you observe when you look at this photo.

Thanks,
    Ron

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice Portrait, Ron! I like the bird's pose and head angle. The blue sky bg is nice too. Good job on the exposure. It needs a bit more room on the bottom to avoid cutting off the tail.
    Jim Neiger - Kissimmee, Florida

Get the Book: Flight Plan - How to Photograph Birds in Flight
    Please visit my website: www.flightschoolphotography.com 3 spots remaining for Alaska bald eagles workshop.

David Ornstein

Agree with Jim:
    Beautiful portrait of the upper body and head, well exposed, sharp & well composed. The tail cut-off is a problem I often face and Jim's comment surely has merit, but the density of the pine seems to minimize the problem to my eye (that of a serious but not advanced amateur).

Lance Warley

Welcome, Ron! WHat a way to start. Great shot.

I think the perch really adds to the photo. Great control of the whites, too.

Forum Participant Manos Papadomanolakis's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like the pose,colors and details!

Axel Hildebrandt

Welcome, Ron! Very nice first post. I like the setting, pose, details and BG. I agree on the clipped tail and the blue looks a bit posterized/noisy. Keep them coming.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN. You will like it here. Good first post. Keep posting and never give up.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome, beautifully detailed, good exposure, well done. Agree with the tail.

Steve Wheeler

Beautiful image... for first or forty first post! Great detail and exposure... Love the pine as well! I've spent a few days LOOKING for eagles they say nest here in N. TX, but haven't had any luck... Yet!

Very nicely done and welcome!

Steve