Thread: Egrets at the Nest

Roman Kurywczak

Default Egrets at the Nest

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken at St. Augustine a number of years ago using a Canon EOS3 on E100VS film. Settings not recorded. Nikon Super Coolscan 4000ED.
    IMHO the interaction of the birds is what makes this..........dark BG not withstanding.
    As always.........comments welcome!
    Roman

Small Group Photo Tours
    www.roaminwithroman.com

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Roman,
    you captured an interesting moment here. And the birds look as if they were glowing.
    Cool image!

Axel Hildebrandt

While I really like the interaction and mood, the colors are off, maybe something went wrong with the scan. The whites appear overexposed and have a blue cast. I hope you can fix this as it is a very nice image.

Bill McCrystyn

It looks cool, but did you do anything to make the birds glow. It looks like a very soft refined edge.

Travis Novitsky

The colors do seem off, but I like the overall composition and feel of the image. I do wish to see a little bit more of the bird on the right, but its not an image-killer, in my opinion. This is probably something that I will never see!

Alfred Forns

Hi Roman you did well with this image I find it so difficult to have one without clutter You managed very well I'm sure colors are off a bit from the scan Glad I don't have to do so any more !!!!

The glow on the babies gives them an angelic look !!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Personally, I like the glow! I gives a bit of magic to the moment. If you created the glow on deliberately, would you mind sharing how? If it was a "happy accident," then I'd certainly be happy with it.

Roman Kurywczak

Hi all,
    To tell you the truth........I'm not sure what I did as it is an "old scan". I guess it is a "Happy Accident"............and I'll live with that for the post. IMHO.......the slide definitely looks better! Although I am now 100% digital..........sometimes I miss the warmth and immediacy (is that a word?) of a perfect slide when it hits the light table. Oh well.........old habits die hard but........I love my Mark lll!
    Roman

Fabs Forns

Great family portrait. The whites look funky, like they are glowing? Not an easy one to pull through, congratulations!