Thread: Fun With Alan

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Fun With Alan

Attached Images Attached Images

My right-hand man Jim Litzenburg picked up Alan Murphy at the airport late Tuesday afternoon. Today with met with the designer of Alan's "Guide to Songbird Set-Up Photography." We had hoped to get out on the Hooptie Deux with James Shadle tomorrow morning but the weather forecast called for high winds so that plan was nixed. Alan and I visited some local woods without much luck until we ran into a responsive Northern Flicker.

The image above was created with the Canon 800mm f/5.6 L IS lens, the 1.4X II TC, and the EOS-1D MIII. ISO 1250. Evaluative metering +2/3 stop: 1/125 sec. at f/8 (wide open) in Manual mode.

Alan was amazed at how cooperative the bird was as we were not in a blind and were not covered up.

Best news of the day? The book is on the way to the CD manufacturer and will will begin shipping them well in advance of the holidays. Thanks to all who have ordered one and congrats to the first 500 who saved $10!

Don't be shy; all comments welcome.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.