Thread: Local sunset

Trevor Hughes

Default Local sunset

This is my local loch and I thought I'd post this now that winter is here to remind me of the summer gone by. At least the midges have disappeared for another year! :)

EXIF: EOS 1D Mk3 - 16-35L Mk2 @ 16mm - 1/20th sec f/16 PP Photoshop CS3
    My apologies for the framing, but this is on my PBase gallery.
    C&C very welcome.
    Thanks for looking.

Fabs Forns

Hi Trevor. Your name rings a bell for me, have we met at another Forum?

Gorgeous sky and water, wish the mountains were a little darker and sharper.
    Where did you focus for this?

Robert Amoruso

Like the contrast between the colder blue tones and the warm tone of the sunset and reflection. Perhaps some more sharpening is needed or just a problem with the PBase linking (don't they resize images).

In any event, nicely done with the few rocks in the FG to add interest.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Trevor, Well executed comp with a subtle yet important foreground element. Nice glow with an interesting late light sky. The image does appear a bit soft on my screen...

Trevor Hughes

Thank you all for taking the time to comment and for your suggestions.
    Fabs - I have belonged to other photo forums, but I can't remember seeing you on them. I appreciate your comment about the hills, funnily enough, I actually lightened them intentionally, as they were in silhouette. I couldn't make my mind up which I preferred!
    You are all right, the image does appear a bit soft, but my original Jpg looks fine and I think Robert may be right about PBase. (Well, I would say that, wouldn't I? :D)
    Thanks again. :)

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Trevor,
    The tones and colors are very nice as are the rocks in the FG as mentioned above. Yes it's a bit soft and that shouldn't be at f16 so quite possibly it is the pbase thing............just another benefit of being a member! All in all nicely composed.

Trevor Hughes

Thank you, Roman. Yes, you're right about membership and I will probably join up shortly. :)

Ed Prete

I really like this image, and actually I like the mood the softness creates. My only recommendation might be to crop slightly off the left to bring the left border closer to the foreground rocks.