Thread: Annoyed Cormi!!!!!

David Roach

Default Annoyed Cormi!!!!!

Attached Images Attached Images

Was getting ready to capture that emerald eye when another cormi entered his personal space. What a racket this guy made!!!! Created in the morning at Anhinga Trail, ENP.1dMKIIN 400 DO ISO 400 F11@1/400

REPOST per comments below...
    Last edited by David Roach; 02-14-2008 at 07:24 AM.

Fabs Forns

Very nice, David, great detail and colors. I fin it a bit tight in the frame specially at the bottom, where a little bit more neck would have been nice. Clean background!

Axel Hildebrandt

I like the pose and agree with Fabs regarding the tight crop. Maybe a bit more contrast.

Alfred Forns

You had the right set up for the unexpected !!!! All so sharp with a great bg and position Always give you a little room for the unexpected which at Aninga will happen very often !!!!!

Hope to see you at Anhinga !!! Also be ready for the arrival of the Superstars !!!! STK will be in shortly !!!!!! Bring a lounge chair to the parking lot and have some fun !!!!

David Roach

Thanks for the great advice, as usual!!!! I do have more room and will take the advice on the crop!! I just liked the square crop with the rounded shape of the bird on this one. I have a standard Scurve I use for contrast (learned from Artie's CD) and sometimes don't take the time to adjust for each image. OK, So I need to know what does STK stand for?

Fabs Forns

Quote Originally Posted by David Roach View Post
    Thanks for the great advice, as usual!!!! I do have more room and will take the advice on the crop!! I just liked the square crop with the rounded shape of the bird on this one. I have a standard Scurve I use for contrast (learned from Artie's CD) and sometimes don't take the time to adjust for each image. OK, So I need to know what does STK stand for?
    Swallow-talied Kite!!!!!!

They'll be here soon and we have a lot of quality time with photog friends in the parking lot. They come there to make passes to get the spanish moss from the trees. There could be a coupe of hours between passes and every pass could be only one minute, but very exciting and fun. You need to come!

David Roach

Duh!!! I should have figured that one out!!! I haven't experienced the moss grabbing behavior. Definitely would love to have the chance to catch those beauties in flight!!!! Sounds like fun!!!!

Judy Lynn Malloch

Very lovely portrait David and Fab and Alfred have covered it all. Love the eye contact in this capture.

Maxis Gamez

Hi David,

Love the details, compositiona and colors. Maybe a little more room in front??

Maxis Gamez

Quote Originally Posted by Fabs Forns View Post
    Swallow-talied Kite!!!!!!

They'll be here soon and we have a lot of quality time with photog friends in the parking lot. They come there to make passes to get the spanish moss from the trees. There could be a coupe of hours between passes and every pass could be only one minute, but very exciting and fun. You need to come!
    Fab/David,

Would you let me know?? I'll be in Miami soon!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Anhinga is the place! Perhaps more room at the bottom and some contrast. Still a nice one. You will get the emerald eye yet. And it is a beaut.