Thread: Factory Falls in Autumn

Kari Post

Default Factory Falls in Autumn

Last month, I led a private workshop photographing waterfalls in Pennsylvania, hoping to get some good fall color. This is one of my favorite photos of the trip.

Waterfalls are among my favorite subjects to photograph the Delaware Water Gap region of PA has so many to choose from. I plan to return to these falls and others in the area once spring rolls around, and hope to offer more waterfalls workshops as well.

Robert Amoruso

I like the tonal separations in the image Kari. No large dark or bright areas to distract. I know that you chose the vantage point to include the swirls but another composition here to include all the the falls uninterrupted (here it is broken by the rocks) would be good - and I bet you did one too.

In this image I would have like to see more of the swirl in the lower right. I feel the center of the swirl is too close to the bottom image edge.

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Kari,
    If you get a moment please post the specs (SS, f-stop, etc.) so that others can also learn from your image.
    I agree with Robert that the bottom cut swirl is a bit distracting and that going a bit wider may have helped although knowing the area well.....it may introduce a lot of other unwanted elements. I fell that if you crop this more to a pano (just above the center of the lower swirl) helps strengthen the larger swirl even more. Nice choice of SS and good job keeping the sky from creeping in.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Kari, I agree with the good advice given above. Good, even light with nice detail in the water.