Thread: Monitor Problem

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Monitor Problem

I am having a monitor problem. The top 1/3 of the monitor has a pink cast to it. I didn't notice the problem until I calibrated it, but I have removed all of the profiles and have switched back to the defaults and the color is still there. I have tried another monitor and still have the color.

This began after a motherboard failure/replacement. Could it be a bad motherboard? Could it be a graphics card?

Help?

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Did you check that the graphics card is in tightly? Do you have another graphics card to check with?

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sorry I am so late in responding but I had to go see my grand-daughters for Halloween.

I did pull the card and reset it. I don't have a spare at home but I do have a spare at work that I can borrow long enough to test.

I actually got worse after I posted. The computer shut itself off and now it will only boot in safe mode. There is a message indicating a possible problem with the driver but the driver was recently updated after a problem with the motherboard. I suspect a bad graphics card.

I am beginning to wonder if maybe the computer didn't take a power surge of some sort since the motherboard failure and now this.