Thread: Lightroom & Canon 7D??

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Lightroom & Canon 7D??

Aside from the Lightroom 3 beta version now available for download, does anyone have a clue when an update will be made available that will allow 7D raw file compatibility with the current version of LR?

If this has been addressed already, apologies but I couldn't find anything here?

Michael Pancier

the latest LR update will process the EOS 7d raw files.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks, Michael. Please excuse my ignorance because I can't find the update, other than the recent beta 3.0 version. I don't like loading beta versions, but if that is my only choice for now.....

Carl

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The latest version of LR (2.5) offers Beta support for the 7D, as well as ACR 5.5. You can download ACR 5.5 here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=4577

LR 2.5 is here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/in...op%5Flightroom

The next version of ACR should contain full support for the 7D. Release of updates average every 3 months or so and 5.5 was released the middle of Sept. Best guess would be ACR 5.6 will be mid Dec.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I use LRII and my Canon 7D, it processes the CR2 file - hope that helps.

Alfred Forns

Carl updates are up fairly soon for new cameras but if you don't see one and need to convert remember it can always be converted to DNG ... LR will do it for you.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks, all!! I disappeared for a while and coming back to say thanks. The 7D arrives on Tuesday so I'll update Lightroom and see how it goes.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The beta version of 7D conversion on LR 2.5 works only OK for me. I find the noise reduction is off, but the detail is good. Colors are OK and need processing more than I am used to. I have been using DPP for conversion but turn down the luminance NR to regain some detail. I hope Adobe's update comes soon so all this is easier and faster.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Cordes View Post
    The beta version of 7D conversion on LR 2.5 works only OK for me. I find the noise reduction is off, but the detail is good. Colors are OK and need processing more than I am used to. I have been using DPP for conversion but turn down the luminance NR to regain some detail. I hope Adobe's update comes soon so all this is easier and faster.
    This exactly what I am experienciing with LR right now. Hope the update does come soon. :)