Thread: Viveza 2 Coming in December

Julie Kenward

Default Viveza 2 Coming in December

For those of you who have been waiting to buy Viveza by Nik Software, they have a great deal going on right now. I just bought a copy (through Adorama - they had the best price) this week for $100 off the price ($143) and the Nik Software website said anyone who buys a copy of Viveza between mid-Sept and December can upgrade to Viveza 2 for free - saving another $99.95 off the price of what they'd normally have to pay.

Here's a link to the information about the new version of Viveza:

http://www.niksoftware.com/viveza/us...eturn=thankyou

Michael Pancier

I saw that. This program has turned out to be the one I use more than any other. It is a Godsend to photo editing. Makes it a breeze. Can't wait to get the update.

Julie Kenward

I know Michael - I can't wait to get my hands on it. I downloaded the trial version and fell in love with it but have had to wait to buy it while I got some budgeting issues under control. I also bought the Select version of Color Efex and am very excited about it as well. Now if I could just get them to drop the price some more on the Silver Efex...I'd be in hog heaven!

Fabs Forns

Does anyone know what are the new features?

Jules, you should have gone for the Complete version of Color Efex, the coolest filters are there!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I dont quite understand their logic on this

complete suite for lightroom 250 bucks (retail 299 but you can pretty much always get it for 250)

upgrade for just viveza 100 bucks? that makes no sense to me

I am going to send them an email and see what they say

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

saw the demo at photexpo... looks cool. There will be an upgrade price but none set yet.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

from the email

Price and Availability
    Viveza 2 will be available in December 2009 at retail price of $199.95. Upgrades will cost $99.95. Anyone purchasing Viveza 1.0 after September 22, 2009 will be eligible to receive a FREE upgrade to Viveza 2.

so they are saying the upgrade is 100 bucks :(

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

How well does this mask/layer-less editing actually work? Thanks, JR

Fabs Forns

Quote Originally Posted by Joerg Rockenberger View Post
    How well does this mask/layer-less editing actually work? Thanks, JR
    It works in color control points. You set a point in color and choose the area of the picture you want affected and then alter that color in Hue, Sat (RGB), contrast, brightness and the new one will add texture and detail.

Julie Kenward

Fabs, I can always upgrade to the complete version later but barely had enough $$$ to buy the Viveza AND the Color Efex Select. (I did a couple of portrait sessions this month and that paid for the new software.)

There is a list of new and improved features on the website for Viveza - click on the Viveza 2 "learn more" button and it's all there.

Joerg, if you go to the website and click on Viveza's product button it has several tutorials that you can watch that show how Viveza works. They also have a 15-day trial period download - that's what got me hooked!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I for one CANNOT wait!! I use Viveza 1 religiously today - the new features on version 2 make this a no-brainer (for me)!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fabs & Julie,

Thank you for your comments. I watched the videos at niksoftware and it seems to work akin to selecting a color range in PS and then adjusting this selection. If yes, what's the advantage compared to PS? Do you find that you don't need masks anymore in PS?

JR

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

as a follow up I got this from Nik on my question to them in regards to the LR package and if there would be any discounts because of it

while I somewhat agree with the first paragraph the 2nd one makes no sense to me, so we would have to wait until all 5 products are out to get the discounts.... yup that makes sense :)

and so for the complete packages it will still come with Viveza 1 ? that makes no sense either

but whatever I will probably end up upgrading mine regardless

Thank you for contacting Nik Software. We feel the new features and added functionality of Viveza 2 justify the upgrade cost to the software. We encourage you to try a demo of the software when it becomes available. You may find out more information on our website: http://www.niksoftware.com/viveza/usa/entry.php?view=intro/usa_viveza2_announcement.shtml

Also, the programs that comprise the Complete Collection will be upgraded on an individual basis. Once there is a new generation release for all 5 of the products, will we evaluate the possibility of releasing an upgrade that includes all of the products.