Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon EOS-1D Mark IV/First Impressions

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Hildebrandt View Post
    I guess the reason is the pre-production state. Maybe they hope to improve the final product's firmware by the release date.
    what's the reason then for handing out pre-prodcution bodies ? Allowing reviews without images being shown is rather silly.

I like this example...that guy got a mark IV to test, but with a glued CF slot.....isn't that weird!?

http://canonfieldreviews.com/canon-1d-markiv/

Doesn't make you feel postive about it......that being said, I have one on order ... ;-)

Axel Hildebrandt

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Wegener View Post
    what's the reason then for handing out pre-prodcution bodies ? Allowing reviews without images being shown is rather silly.

I like this example...that guy got a mark IV to test, but with a glued CF slot.....isn't that weird!?

http://canonfieldreviews.com/canon-1d-markiv/

Doesn't make you feel postive about it......that being said, I have one on order ... ;-)
    Who knows, maybe they do release the information in increments to keep people interested.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I dont understand why he didn't just download them with the cable, you dont need to take the card out then.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Hildebrandt View Post
    Who knows, maybe they do release the information in increments to keep people interested.
    They do it to create buzz around a product. Canon's no Apple where in product launches are held secret until the last moment.

Canon also has its work cut out for the 1D line. The autofocus flaw gave the 1d3 a bad reputation. Sure not all bodies were affected and it was shortly rectified but the memory of it is still there.

I just wish Canon & Nikon would ship products within the week of announcement rather than making us wait until the December and January come around.

I've been waiting for over a year for the 1D3 replacement and I just hope my connections with Canon Philippines will allow me to get the first batch that will arrive in the country.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Cordes View Post
    To change the subject a bit, I am puzzled why Canon pulled all online images. Seems to me that if the camera is announced they would want as much PR as possible to promote the camera.
    I'm guessing the D3S had something to do with the withdrawal. I do hope that Canon figures a way to at least match the ISO noise processing of the D3S. This statement is based on the assumption that a larger frame sensor with bigger pixels will have lesser ISO noise.

John Clark

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Strickland View Post
    be amazed if it didnt the 5D MKII has it as well

Where? I have been looking for it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12