Thread: Palm on Pond Apple

David Roach

Default Palm on Pond Apple

Attached Images Attached Images

Created this image very early morning at Wako. I liked the way this beauty landed right in the center of the curled leaf. This composition shows just how small these guys are. If you want to know just how twitchy these guys are; this was taken with central focus(AI Focus) point on the cheek at 1/640 and still has motion blur (see beak). I am used to sharpening with Fred Miranda's add on at full resolution. I can go to 100% and adjust sharpening to a very fine degree. At low resolution, it is very difficult to see such nuance. This was my second try at sharpening at low web based resolution. It looks slightly over sharpened to me. I guess it will take practice. Any advice welcome!!!!! 1DMKIIN 400 DO 1.4xtc ISO 800 F11@1/640

Jody Melanson

Very nice. I like the pose and BG colours. The BG is noisy though and would run some NR on it.

Robert O'Toole

Like the colors, BG, and the wet leaves.

Would like to see a little cropped off the right side putting the bird more back in the frame and a little more room under the bottom leaf, the end is almost touching the edge.

Robert

David Roach

Thanks Jody and Robert,
    I did consider cutting off the right side, but decided I liked the entire leaf as a key part of the composition. There is more canvas at the bottom, but it is cut right at the point where there is a bright OOF leaf which takes your eye away from the central focus. I've learned to eliminate (or burn) bright OOF parts of the composition from the experts in this forum. Thanks again for the help!!