Thread: West Yellowstone, Montana

Alfred Forns

Default West Yellowstone, Montana

Attached Images Attached Images

This one of five entrances to the Park, the West Entrance, active in the winter and great for catching a snow coach !!! image made with G10

Comments welcome and much appreciated

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sorry Al. I think that is the north entrance, Gardiner. Nice shot. I miss that place.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

beautiful feel of place here
    TFS

Gus Cobos

What a view...love it Mr. Forns...:cool:

Alfred Forns

Thanks Rich They all blend together :) ... next coming up will be one unique image not to be missed by anyone !!!!!! :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Al. I am looking for some information about human/bear incident in YNP on Wednesday, 9/15 and thought I'd run it by you because you may have heard about it when you were there recently. There was a bear jam up near Dunraven Pass from about 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 (Dunraven was about the only place the bears were being seen due to the unusually warm weather). A grizzly was feeding on pine nuts in the woods about 25 yards off the road and eventually moved along into a grassy hillside clearing about 50 yards from the road. The bear then started walking--and then running--down the hill to cross the road at about a 45 degree angle. There was a guy literally standing in the middle of the road with a small video camera pressed to his face who ignored all of the people yelling at him to get out of the road, but he never even acknowledged the shouting/screaming and just kept filming. The bear stopped at the edge of the road about 12 feet from him and, after walking along the edge of the road a bit, the bear returned to the spot where it first stopped. The bear walked right up to the guy--5 feet away--and sniffed him. The guy just kept filming. Luckily, the bear lost interest in him and crossed the road and into the woods. Did you hear anything about this incident? I hope someone reported him to the rangers and/or identifies him if he tries to sell this footage. He put my life and the lives of others in serious danger. Thanks. Gary

P.S. I too thought that this location looked suspiciously like Gardiner, which is where I stay when I visit YNP. The towns do start to look the same when you are weary from driving all over the park looking for photo ops.