Thread: Yellowstone NP in November- Any advice?

Hybrid View

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Yellowstone NP in November- Any advice?

I'm taking my first trip to Yellowstone NP soon. I'm leaving TX and traveling to a printing workshop in Santa Barbara the last week of October. From there I'm going to meander my way to Idaho Falls, ID, Emigrant, MT, and then down to Gardiner, MT (North entrance to the park). I'll base out of Emigrant or Gardiner. Not sure yet. I'm taking just about all of my gear including my Linhof Master Teknika (large format) and 4 lenses, Hasselblad 503CM and 2 lenses, (3) digital bodies, and a range of lenses from 14mm up to 800 f5.6. I'm not sure if I'll have room for clothes :) but I'll have the important stuff. I know it's likely that I won't use everything I am taking but I have the room (was just kidding about clothes) and I don't want to risk wishing I had a lens or piece of gear with me.

Any advice?

Fabs Forns

Take warm clothes, it was pretty cold the first week of October. You may find some roads closed because of weather, but still a sight to see, winter wonderland.

Enjoy!
    I'm moving this to the regional Forums, since this is an image Gallery.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yeah... the park website says most of the roads are closed after Nov 1. There is only 1 year-round road open and it's at the north end of the park. I'll have to drive the long way around to get to it but I don't mind. Should be a fun 3 or 4 days (until next year)