Thread: Colours

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Colours

After months of overcast conditions & cloudy weather, the weather website predicted a sunny day on last saturday & I grabbed the opportunity to photograph few common birds near Bochum - Germany.

Here's a beautiful mallard male posing for me...

Nikon D70s + Sigma 50-500mm
    f8, 1/200, ISO200, @500mm

Critiques welcome...

regards,
    Kaushik

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes it is a beautiful Mallard Kaushik nicely composed in the frame - the milky blue Bg makes a nice back-drop. He was very obliging turning the head for you!!! The only improvement IMO would be for the bird's body to be half-turned into a semi-profile position. But very nice as is.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Glad to see the weather has changed for you as evident in this capture. Beautiful lighting and well framed. I would like to have seen more of a body turn as to capture a side view of the mallard and also I find the OOF in the foreground a bit distracting. A lower angle would help so as not to have part of the mallard covered by the OOF forground.. Look forward to seeing more posts now that your weather has improved. Thanks for sharing .

Alfred Forns

Glad you got some nice weather I'm sure it was much appreciated

As presented would like a little more detail on the dark side of head and not having the rock It seems to grab my attention Do like the bg/fg lovely colors

Regarding pose For most would not mind at all the position but here as Judy pointed out side feathers are beautiful Not mind having the side to the camera Excellent image !!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Lynn Malloch View Post
    Glad to see the weather has changed for you as evident in this capture. Beautiful lighting and well framed. I would like to have seen more of a body turn as to capture a side view of the mallard and also I find the OOF in the foreground a bit distracting. A lower angle would help so as not to have part of the mallard covered by the OOF forground.. Look forward to seeing more posts now that your weather has improved. Thanks for sharing .
    I'm confused by this. To my eye, a lower angle would put the lens behind even more grass and cover even more of the mallard. Am I missing something?

On to the photo itself, I often find the patterns on the backs of birds very interesting, so I like it.

Judy Lynn Malloch

You definitely have a point Jim . What I really meant to say but I guesss I was not clear wass lower and closer to have the lens go beyond the OOF Foreground. Thanks for catching this Jim !!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ah, now I get what you meant. Thanks.

Fabs Forns

I am a big fan of "cramming" Tha is including some totally out of focus foreground mainly for color. And I like the OOF green and pose. Not a fan of the cool gray frame though, would probably use tan to go with the colors of the image. I know gray is neutral, but I find it interferes with the warmth. Personal taste, though.

Forum Participant Manos Papadomanolakis's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I really like the pose,angle and colors!!!