Made this with D300, 600mm, ISO 640 at 1/50 , tripod
    Big branch cloned out

All C & C are most welcome and appreciated
    Harshad

PS : would love to know about cloning job on BG

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Harshad:

Wild pose on this guy. Makes my neck sore to look at it.
    Well exposed, pretty sharp. The background didn't scream out at me that you had cloned something, which means you did a good job. Might be fun to post the original to see what you had to work with.

I think I can tell where the clone work was, but again, it didn't jump out at me before you mentioned it.

Cheers

Randy

Brian Barcelos

Harshad, love the awkward head angle and the birds colors. BG looks good but I do see some cloning artifacts closely around the bird. Should be an easy fix as I had to look really close to find it. Congrats

Brian

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow... What a pose. That looks like it should hurt. I don't see any really obvious issues with cloning on the background.

Connie Mier

Ouch, that looks painful! Nice job with the colors and details on bird. I might crop out some of the top. I do see a couple cloning edges above and to the right of the bird's head, but only saw them because I was specifically looking for them!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Such a beautiful bird Harshad excellent detail and colors I really like the pose captured as this bird hunts for insects. Well Done!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice natural moment captured Bhai, Cant really make out the cloneing here, congrats..

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A very unusual pose to be pecking or looking for ants. I would maybe bring in from the right, as there is too much space. There are cloning marks visible just to the right of the beak. If you did any other work, you covered it very well. Well done.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

apart from what all says bout cloning. i found that a bit of higher DOF may have resulted very nice on entire bird. also the green stick and leaf on top left is bit distracting to me if you can easily clone the tree area over that. my 2 paisa.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the pose Harshad. Tack sharp where it needs to be. No issues with cloning marks. (one about 1.5" to the right of beak as mentioned. Little tickle will fix that). Nicely done and thanks for sharing.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Harshad I love the pose and the colour on the birds back. I've watched a lot of woodpeckers here and I don't recall any getting into this type of position.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the unique pose with the matching killer head angle. EXP and SH perfect. My biggest problem is with what looks like a cut off branch....
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Dave Phillips

love the pose Harshad....so very unusual.
    May I suggest adjusting opacity on a large soft brush doing bg clone work.
    But you have done well here IMO.

This repost is out of the box, but a fun play.....Topaz ReMask and a heavy blur of
    original bg and a slight gradient

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fantastic repost Dave
    TFS

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the pose. Agree that the cloning job behind the head is evident. The blacks have lost details. You may recover that during pp. I wish the bird had chosen a spot a few inches below the present spot, so that you could have avoided the cut branch. However, nothing takes away from the fine pose or shall I say acrobatic display.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

I am not seeing the obvious clone job behind the head at all....

Starting with Dave's excellent repost I came up with my own repost that addressed other issues that were mentioned.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Harshad-bhai, Was this a totally natural situation or did you have some sort of suet or peanut butter on the branch to attract this guy? (There was something on the bill near the end....)

I used a series of flopped and warped Quick Masks as described in APTATS to cover the scar or the cut branch and most of the leaves.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    I am not seeing the obvious clone job behind the head at all....

Starting with Dave's excellent repost I came up with my own repost that addressed other issues that were mentioned.
    Guruji , This is awesome repost
    Thanks a ton for kind help
    Harshad

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Harshad-bhai, Was this a totally natural situation or did you have some sort of suet or peanut butter on the branch to attract this guy? (There was something on the bill near the end....)
    Guruji
    This image made in Corbett National park where you can not get down of vehicle ( This rule is for every park in India ) , cant bait and wont bait :)
    I hope this should clear doubts you have , Let me know if you need any further clarifications

Harshad
    Last edited by Harshad Barve; 10-10-2009 at 07:42 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

No doubts. Just curious. Who the heck took an ax to that branch??? (In addition to the cut off branch there was other evidence of work with an ax or a saw....)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Guruji
    may be to clear road block

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Harshad Barve View Post
    Guruji, may be to clear road block
    Seems possible but not likely as the stuff that was cut was of smaller diameter than the main branch.... Probably just some machete-happy person out for a walk. :)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Seems possible but not likely as the stuff that was cut was of smaller diameter than the main branch.... Probably just some machete-happy person out for a walk. :)
    Guruji
    That I really dont know ,
    Harshad